Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Some Odds and Ends

Well, the green plastic spider I found on the side of the road and put on the front of my bike (back in Arizona I think) is still hanging in there, ha, ha, but I thought it could use some company. Today I kept seeing Mardi Gras beads on the side of the road, so I finally stopped and picked some up to give "Boris" some company.
Also, we have used "tell tales" on our panniers to determine wind speed and direction.
Finally, for the gear heads out there, we switched bags back on Austin, TX, and are now using sleeping bags rated to +60 degrees! They are more like liners than bags.
We are in New Roads, LA, right next to The Lost River, which is a very sizable abandon oxbow of the Mississippi river.

4 comments:

  1. Your journey has looked amazing from afar. Thanks for taking the time to share the pics and stories. Good luck the rest of the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kevin and Josh,
    Just checking on on your journey. Thanks for posting articles it's like I'm with you guys. So cool. Ride Safe!!! Neil D

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS that spider is rad!!! Stella and I are headed to Morgan's weding in NC next week. Can't wait. Neil

    ReplyDelete